ISC DHCP 4.2.2b1 is now available

Niall O'Reilly Niall.oReilly at ucd.ie
Tue Jul 5 09:38:28 UTC 2011

On 4 Jul 2011, at 22:39, Brad Hards wrote:

> I was really trying to fix "adoped". The next line was just opportunity.

	Oops! I missed that.

>> 	That 'h' serves to disambiguate pronunciation,
>> 	and to reflect etymology.  Please keep it.
> I disagree (obviously) - I'd pronounce sync liked "sink" but "synch" like
> "cinch".
>
> Perhaps we could spare the extra letters and just use synchronised or
> synchronized (depending on whether the rest of the document uses UK or US
> English)?

	That would work for me, preferably with the "-z-".

	According to the Oxford I keep handy (as I would, on my side of
	the pond), which to use for UK/European English depends on the
	etymology rather than on the ill-founded notion that "-s-" is
	more "European" or "British".  Maybe it's an Oztralian (!) thing?

	Normative (?!) reference:
	http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/synchronize

	ATB
	Niall O'Reilly