error: partial base64 value left over

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Wed Jan 26 19:44:04 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-01-26 at 20:15 +0100, Peter Rathlev wrote:
> I'm cutting my teeth on GDB these days and hope to find the difference
> between the (to laymen) two similar base64 strings.

It seems the problem manifests itself if the string contains "+NO+"
somewhere. It doesn't matter where in the string.

The parser stops after this character sequence. If it happens to be at a
natural base64 four character boundary it only complains about a missing
semicolon, ignoring the rest of the line. Otherwise it complains about
the missing semicolon and then the partial base64 string.

--
Peter