DHCP-Server issues reserved ip address to any device?

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu Jan 20 12:56:04 UTC 2011

Alfred Frank wrote:

>Eine Lösung ist: 2 Subnets, eines nur für alle
>festgelegten IP-Nummern und eines für den Rest.
>
>subnet .....
>pool {
>range ...
>deny unknown clients;
>      }
>}
>
>subnet .....
>pool {
>range ...
>allow unknown clients;
>      }
>}

Hmm, I think this is supposed to be an english language list.

Your suggestion is overly complicated and isn't
needed to solve the OPs problem. All he needs to
do is ensure that the fixed address(es) aren't
included in any range. Eg :

subnet ...
   range 192.168.1.100 192.168.1.200 ;

host {
   fixed address 192.168.1.57 ;
}

192.168.1.57 is not within the range
192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.200 and so cannot be
allocated to any other device.

If you were to use two subnets, then they would
have to be a shared subnet, and you would need
something that can route between them.

--
Simon Hobson