How to get UUID/GUID of a client

Ben ben at benweblife.fr
Mon Feb 14 09:59:03 UTC 2011

Le 09/02/2011 22:42, Simon Hobson a écrit :

> Client specific - did you have a specific client in mind ?

Linux, for now.
I can understand that is different on each distributions, but on a PXE
Boot its the same for all client, no?

> Is there something you are trying to achieve ?

I'm trying to understand why UUID/GUID is not supported at PXE Boot by
the DHCP.

In fact, I'm afraid about a end user which can change the MAC Address
and trying to request another IP. Because I use fixed address for each
client. So I want to use fixed address by the UUID which can not be changed.

I'm not sure if I'm clear... :/