dhcp 4.2.0-P2 and LDAP: No subnet declaration for eth0

Juergen Northe juergen.northe at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 3 20:52:18 UTC 2011

> Can you check the logfile "/var/log/dhcp-ldap-startup.log".
>
> There you should be able to see with what the dhcp server is starting up
> with.

Hi,
thank you for your quick response!
I already checked this file. Nothing helpful in there ?!
I forgot to mention that the host is a virtual one, running KVM.
Iptables are not uses (flushed) and freeradius can connect to the ldap
server using the same ip 172.17.5.254. ldapsearch is also successfully
(copy / paste from dhcpd.conf). Hmmm.

------
cat /var/log/dhcp-ldap-startup.log.trace
------
dHCpMJÞþconnection-outputMJÞþconnection-inputMJÞþdisconnect

MJÞþconnectMJÞþlistenMJÞþinterface
MJÞoutpacket
MJÞþ    readconfMJÞþ1
readleasesMJÞþ
              random-seedMJÞþ
ddns-inputMJÞþicmp-inputMJÞþicmp-output
,MJÞþ/etc/dhcpd.confldap-server "jh-server254.intra.company.de";
ldap-port       389;
ldap-username   "uid=admindhcpd,ou=people,dc=company,dc=de";
ldap-password   "xxxxxxxxxxx";
ldap-base-dn    "dc=company,dc=de";
ldap-method     static;
ldap-debug-file "/var/log/dhcp-ldap-startup.log";

MJÞþ/var/db/dhcpd.leases# The format of this file is documented in the
dhcpd.leases(5) manual page.

--

Regards
Jürgen Northe