DHCP client daemon autostart for both v4 and v6

Héctor Herrera hherreraa at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 21:26:03 UTC 2011

I think you should make an script for do that on boot. Something like

(this is on the script)
/etc/rc.d/init.d/dhcp4 start
/etc/rc.d/init.d/dhcp6 start

This on your, I dunno, start.sh? Or something like that. And, if you're
working with CentOS (or some other Red Hat base distro) you can do ir with
chkconfig (chkconfig dhcp4 on || chkconfig dhcp6 on)

That should be the idea.

2011/12/22 Michael Pugh <mdpugh at hotmail.com>

>  Hello,
> If the answer to this question has already been posted, I apologize for
> asking it again: How do I properly (and automatically at boot) start the
> DHCP client daemon twice, once for v4 and once for v6?  I have been unable
> to find an answer to this question anywhere.  Thank you in advance.
> Mike Pugh

Saludos

*Héctor Herrera Anabalón*
Alumno ICCI UNAP 2011