Multiple relay agents between a client and an Option 82 server

Sergey Lukin lukin.s.v at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 15:31:48 UTC 2011

Dear all,

I'm trying to configure my network to get multiple relay agents working
between a client and an Option 82 server.
In the documentation on my switches HP ProCurve 2900 it is written:
Note: In networks with multiple relay agents between a client and an Option
82 server, append can be used only if the server supports multiple Option 82
fields in a client request. If the server supports only one Option 82 field
in a request, consider using the keep option.
http://cdn.procurve.com/training/Manuals/2910-MRG-Sept09-W_14_03.pdf
>From this I assume that they support appending all agent relays on the way.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Does isc-dhcp-server supports multiple Option 82 fields in a client request?
I'm using
How should I configure isc-dhcp-server to get this working?

I also found this document:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-huang-dhc-multiple-relay-agents-option-01
Does it mean that this feature is not implemented ?

Kind regards,

Sergey