Error log

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Apr 15 22:06:31 UTC 2011

Matt Causey wrote:
>man dhcpd.conf:
>
>        The log-facility statement
>
>           log-facility facility;
>
>           This  statement  causes  the DHCP server to do all of its logging on
>           the specified log facility once the dhcpd.conf file has  been  read.

That doesn't answer the OPs question - he wants to keep a separate
error log, I guess in the same way that you get a mail.log and a
mail.err. Having an error log is quite handy for spotting errors
since they aren't then buried in the normal stuff.

It may be possible to use pattern matching in one of the more modern
syslog replacements, but that would require an advance knowledge of
all the possible error messages (or at least a common element).

--
Simon Hobson