Force DHCP expiry

Alex Moen alexm at ndtel.com
Mon Apr 4 15:54:27 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I know this question has been asked in the past, but no real
resolutions were posted to the questions.  So, I will try again, since
the only referenced I can find were from 5 years ago.

Here is a snippet of my config:

shared-network MY-TEST {
subnet 10.0.255.4 netmask 255.255.255.255 {}
subnet 10.250.0.0 netmask 255.255.252.0 {
         option routers 10.250.3.254;
         option subnet-mask 255.255.252.0;
	option broadcast-address 10.250.3.255;
         default-lease-time 43200;
         max-lease-time 43200;
         min-lease-time 43200;

class "DSLAM1-INT_0.0-VLAN_3100" {
         match if ( option agent.remote-id="DSLAM1" ) and
                  ( binary-to-ascii (10, 8, ".", substring( option
agent.circuit-id, 0, 2)) = "0.0" ) and
                  ( binary-to-ascii (10, 16, "", substring( option
agent.circuit-id, 2, 2)) = "3100" );
}
pool {
         authoritative;
         allow members of "DSLAM1-INT_0.0-VLAN_3100";
         range 10.250.0.1;
}

So, I am defining a single IP address pool for each interface that an
ONT or modem is using.  The problem comes in when changing out ONTs or
modems (with a different MAC address), when the lease has not yet
expired.

What is the proper way to clear the lease so that the new device can
be OFFERED the same ip address as the old device?  Is this able to be
automated inside of the pool or subnet statement itself?

Thanks for any advice...

Alex Moen
NDTC