AW: Force retry update ddns entrys

Carsten Strotmann (Men & Mice) carsten.strotmann at menandmice.com
Sat Sep 25 17:52:52 UTC 2010

Hello Tom,

before doing the DDNS update, the DHCP Server checks if the record
already exists and if there is a DHCID TXT record that has been created
by this DHCP Server for this record. If there is no DHCID record, or one
that is not being created by this DHCP Server, the DHCP Server is not
authoritative for the information (the address record) and is not
allowed to change or remove the data.

You need to remove the existing A/AAAA record first (via "nsupdate" or
manually in the zonefile).
If the record does not exist anymore, on the next lease renewal the DHCP
Server will be able to create a new one including a DHCID TXT record
that marks this record as being managed by the DHCP Server.

- -- Carsten Strotmann

- --
Carsten Strotmann
Men & Mice Services
Address: Noatun 17, IS-105, Reykjavik, Iceland
Phone:   +354-412-1500
Email:    carsten.strotmann at menandmice.com
http://www.menandmice.com.
 Men & Mice
We bring control and flexibility to network management

Disclaimer : www.menandmice.com/disclaimer