"Healthy" servers issuing leases for length of MCLT

David W. Hankins dhankins at isc.org
Thu Sep 23 19:31:33 UTC 2010

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 10:32:28AM -0700, Matt Causey wrote:
> Hum.  Well adding the min-lease-time parameter causes the desired behavior.
> My access points are getting 12-hour leases now - even though they are
> asking for 5 minute ones, and this does not appear to interfere with the
> MCLT-assigned 'initial lease' that is assigned to a device.

Yes, min/max lease time's don't impact MCLT limitations on lease time
negotiation.

> Are there any potential negative implications to enforcing a min-lease-time
> that's the same as the default lease time?

Not really.  It's quite common to configure min/default/max to the
same value if you want a specific lease time for all clients.  So it
only removes the ability for the client to negotiate a shorter lease
time.

--
David W. Hankins	BIND 10 needs more DHCP voices.
Software Engineer		There just aren't enough in our heads.