global parameter or not ?

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Thu Sep 23 09:07:41 UTC 2010

Setting dynamic dns in only one subnet is usually done like this:

# global scope, disable ddns updates
ddns-update-style interim;
ddns-updates no;

subnet .... {
     # enable ddns updates in this scope
     ddns-updates yes;
}
subnet ... {
     # no dynamic dns here, inherited from global
}

Or you could do the opposite, enable ddns-updates at the global level
and turn it off in selected subnets. Whichever one is easier for you.

regards,
-glenn