vendor options

Gaughan, Michael E (US SSA) michael.e.gaughan at baesystems.com
Wed Sep 22 18:55:00 UTC 2010

I have been trying to use the ISC DHCP Server with an embedded DHCP Client (origin unknown). The Server serves up IP Addresses correctly but does not serve up the vendor options defined in the config file. I have been operating under the assumption that having received a 'client-identifier' (option 60) in the DHCP DISCOVER message, the DHCP Server would automatically include the 'vendor-options' (option 43) in the DHCP OFFER message. Am I mistaken?

The parameter-request in the DHCP DISCOVER message from the DHCP Client does not contain option 43.

Thanks in advance,

Mike Gaughan