DHCP 4.2.0 DDNS and OMAPI Bugs (RHEL5.5 x86_64)

Tom Schmitt TomSchmitt at gmx.de
Thu Sep 2 08:07:34 UTC 2010

> Datum: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 13:52:00 -0700
> Von: "David W. Hankins" <dhankins at isc.org>

> > dhcpd: Unable to add forward map from myhost.mydomain.com to 1.2.3.4:
> > not found
>
> Not found, interesting.
>
> I would guess it's having problems finding the zone or TSIG definition
> for 'mydomain.com'.
>
> Unfortunately all we have at this point in logging is an ISC result code
> binary number ("ISC_R_NOTFOUND").  What returned it is a mystery.
>
> You could try setting 'DEBUG_DNS_UPDATES' but my intuition is it's
> not getting that far.

I got the same error in my logfile with dhcpd 4.2.0. In my case it was a simple typo in the config: I defined a key called "mykey", but in the zone-statement I configured the key "MYKEY".

After correcting this, the error was gone.

"dhcpd -t -cf dhcpd.conf" doesn't help here: It reported my config as correct even with the use of an undefined key. In my opinion that should be reported as an error.

Tom.

--
GMX DSL SOMMER-SPECIAL: Surf & Phone Flat 16.000 für nur 19,99 €/mtl.!*
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl