Adding reserved host to the dns (bind)

Nicolas Michel nicolas.michel at lemail.be
Wed Oct 27 15:34:25 UTC 2010

Hello,

I'm using dhcp3 on Debian Lenny (the apt package).
In my dhcp server config file, I set some reserved address by MAC
address for some hosts. For doing it, I need to set the hostname.

EXEMPLE :
host printer-sec-NB {
                 hardware ethernet 00:23:7d:7e:da:79;
                 fixed-address 172.22.201.2;
                 }

So I wanted to add to bind these hostnames (in my example
"printer-sec-NB which FQDN should be printer-sec-NB.lan.pcsol.be.)

zone lan.pcsol.be. is managed and well configured in my bind9 server.

I found on the net the way to configure ddns but this is not what I want
to do : I don't want to retrieve the hostname of the computer itself but
the one I set myself in the reservation.

Is it possible? If it is can you give me some hints or a tuto?

Thank you,
nm