dhcpd issue static lease on first request

Christ Schlacta aarcane at aarcane.org
Tue Oct 26 05:06:56 UTC 2010

I've just noticed that over time the systems gradually start to change
IP.  one day my laptop will have .235, and it'll have that IP for
months, then suddenly it's 166, and I'm liek wtf?  there are only about
20-30 systems on the network, (depends on whether you count dual boots
as two from a dhcp perspective), so it's not an exhaustion thing.  I've
reserved from 130-250 for dhcp.