Reserved leases : Manual dhcp-leases file edit or use OMSHELL

red1 red red1dhcp at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 16:32:13 UTC 2010

Dears

I'd like to reserve some IPs inside dynamic pool, for that I will use
reserved lease feature, I need your help to decide between two available
solution :

1- Stop the server  and edit dhcp-leases file manually : I have bad
exprience before using this method, there is a risk of having "Corrupt lease
file"

2- use Omshell, but as I read from some posts about this method, it could
stop the server if the lease is not in Active state!!

Please advise, and how I can edit the lease file without risk of corrupting
it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards