ISC DHCP 4.2.0-P1 - new failover parameter auto-partner-down incorrectly parsed

theradio at free.fr theradio at free.fr
Fri Nov 19 09:22:48 UTC 2010

Hi there,
Version 4.2.0-P1 offers a new failover parameter "auto-partner-down".
But it seems that this parameter is not correctly parsed in the dhcpd.conf file :

when I set it in the failover peer section, I get the following :

	/etc/dhcp/dhcpd.local line 33: invalid statement in peer declaration
        auto-partner-down
         ^
my understanding : The parameter is not understood at all.

When I set it BEFORE the failover peer section, I get the following :

	/etc/dhcp/dhcpd.local line 22: semicolon expected.
        auto-partner-down 600;
                           ^
my understanding : the parameter is understood but the syntax is incorrect.

When I remove the parameter value (stripped to "auto-partner-down;"), I manage to start the daemon but there is no auto-partner-down behavior between failover peers (the surviving server never changes to "partner-down" state).