dhclient -6 ppp0

Eustace, Glen G.Eustace at massey.ac.nz
Wed Nov 3 20:49:43 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have just started working with a local ISP who are evaluating various scenarios/solutions for delivering native IPv6 over their DSL infrastructure.  As a linux user, I offered my assistance as a test-case.  I have hit a snag that has been reported by others that the dhclient code distributed with Fedora ( and I believe in the latest ISC version) does not support IPv6 over PPP.  I have seen several postings where people have attempted to get this to work.  Is there a proper patch for the 4.2 code stream available yet ?

Comments/pointers appreciated.

--
Glen Eustace, Infrastructure Development Engineer (BC/DR)
Information Technology Services, Massey University PN460