Is there a parser in Perl out there for dhcpd.leases?

Steve van der Burg steve.vanderburg at LHSC.ON.CA
Wed Nov 3 14:17:55 UTC 2010

>>> "Niall O'Reilly" <Niall.oReilly at ucd.ie> wrote:
> Thanks, Steve.
>
> On 3 Nov 2010, at 12:49, Steve van der Burg wrote:
>
>> I have been using the code that follows for a couple of years now.
>
> 	It seems to use the same idea as my existing script does.

So what's the issue with yours?  Mine is catching all of the leases.  This

   local $/ = "}\n";

means that this

   while (<LF>) {

gets an entire lease container in $_ each time, since the structure of the file is

something {
   stuff;
   more stuff;
   etc;
}
next_thing {
}

So even though a recursive, grammar-based parser isn't being used, some high-level parsing is going on.  That is, the while loop is breaking the file into chunks that can then be operated on reliably with regexes.

...Steve

This information is directed in confidence solely to the person named above and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. This information may not otherwise be distributed, copied or disclosed. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately via a return e-mail and destroy original message. Thank you for your cooperation.