client refuses to accept offer

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Wed May 12 11:39:31 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 11:13:15AM +0800, anctop wrote:
> > subnet 147.8.108.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
> > }
> >
> > host x099 {
> >   hardware ethernet 00:0C:F1:D1:16:78;
> >   fixed-address 147.8.108.99;
> >   option host-name "x099";
> >   option routers 147.8.96.1;
> >   option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;
> > }

Usually the routers and subnet-mask options go in the subnet block
rather than the host blocks because they are more related to the
properties of the entire subnet and would be the same for all hosts in
that subnet.  They should work in the host blocks in any case--it is
just a bit unusual to configure them there.

I notice that your router is not in the same subnet as the client.
That is probably a misconfiguration.  The router should probably be
147.8.108.1 or similar.  Maybe this is why your clients are rejecting
the offers.