DHCPNAK query

Friesen, Don SSBC:EX Don.Friesen at gov.bc.ca
Tue Mar 23 17:14:08 UTC 2010

>The OP has said they are running Debian, so there is no valid reason
>why a client moving from one network to another and appropriately
>entering INIT-REBOOT behind an authoritative server would not be
>met with a DHCPNAK, even on 4.1.0.

   Teach me for not rereading the entire history.  Indeed, not even
reading the current note wherein he said " when i move to different
subnet".  INIT-REBOOT is a broadcast, so there is no reason the
client would not get the NAK.

   My apologies, I get too hung up on my own issues...

   that of NAKing a RENEW.

Don