DHCPNAK query

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Mar 19 15:38:53 UTC 2010

kalyan Alle wrote:
>The DHCPNAK is sent by the windows DHCP server configured but my
>device with ISC dhcp-4.1.0 is unable to send the DHCPNAK.
>Plz suggest if this is the expected behaviour or not.

I'm not sure you have your device configured as a DHCP server properly.

>-kalyan
>
>On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 3:20 PM, kalyan Alle
><<mailto:kalyan.alle at gmail.com>kalyan.alle at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>I have got the issue with the setup as below
>
>            (169.254.128.132)
>   1) DUT(SU)(DHCP Server)----Ethernet0-----Win XP PC (DHCP Client)

169.254.0.0/16 is reserved as a link local self assigned address
block. All sort of odd things may happen if you use that. It's
entirely possible that the test client is self-assigning itself and
address rather than getting it from your test server - that would be
the case if the server wasn't actually running.

If the server wasn't running, then you'd see no DHCP-Nack from it.

Do you see any logging from your test server ?

--
Simon Hobson

WANTED: "Software CD ROM Kit" for Canon CLBP 360-PS printer (Canon
part no RH6-3612, or possibly RH6-3810, or RH6-3610 might do). I've a
dead HD and need this CD so I can replace the disk and re-install the
printer OS on it.
This is NOT the same thing as the printer drivers to load on the
computer - there's no problem there.
If anyone knows where I might get hold of one I'd be grateful -
requests to Canon drew a blank, it's been out of support for years.
Alternatively, if anyone has one of these and would let me image
their hard disk ...