VSIO Option Values

Patricio Latini p_latini at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 18 21:26:18 UTC 2010

I have the following issue, when I try to match an expression to a value and
equal that expresion to a predefined option i don't have any problem.

set cmfilename=concat ("foo","bar")
option bootfile-name = cmfilename;

However when I try to do the same thing with a vsio option

option space docsis code width 2 length width 2 hash size 17;
option docsis.tftp-servers                      code 32 = array of
ip6-address;
option docsis.cablelabs-configuration-file      code 33 = text;
option docsis.cablelabs-syslog-servers          code 34 = array of
ip6-address;
option docsis.device-id                         code 36 = string;
option docsis.time-servers                      code 37 = array of
ip6-address;
option docsis.time-offset                       code 38 = signed integer 32;
option docsis.mta-code                          code 2170 = ip-address;
option vsio.docsis code 4491 = encapsulate docsis;

set cmfilename=concat ("foo","bar")
option docsis.cablelabs-configuration-file = cmfilename;

The configuration loads but in the log I get an error
"Error evaluating option 33 in VSIO space docsis"
and the packet is not sent.

Any idea how to workaround / fix this?

Thanks

Patricio