static IP allocations in dynamic ranges -why not?

Dorsey, Chris dorsey2 at llnl.gov
Fri Jun 4 16:17:25 UTC 2010

Nicola,
This is good news.  Do you have some example code (both omshell and dhcpd C code) that you could share? I'm really interested in learning about the problems/pitfalls you mentioned.   It is looking more and more that 'reserved' leases is the best option for us.  I'm also interested in how folks update 'dhcpd.leases' with the server running without having some kind of contention problems.   Do folks actually do this, or shutdown the server, manually (or maybe scripted) update dhcpd.leases, and the restart the server?

Thanks again
Chris