regexp or substring match

Adam Moffett adamlists at plexicomm.net
Tue Jul 20 18:58:46 UTC 2010

Could I put a client in a class based on his ethernet MAC address like so?:

class "A1" {
       match if hardware ethernet=a:0:3e:d4:60:73;
     }

If I can do that, is there a way to match only the first 3 bytes of the
MAC address, so that I'm assigning a certain ethernet vendor code to a
class?

Like something along these lines:
class "A1" {
       match if hardware ethernet=a:0:3e:*;
     }

The application would be to assign a private IP to a wireless bridge for
management purposes, but assign a different IP to customer equipment
that is plugged into the bridge.  The bridge and the device plugged into
it both have the same option82 circuit-id and remote-id.  I know I could
create a "host" for each mac address, but there are hundreds of these
bridges in the field and new ones are added regularly so that would be
troublesome to manage.  They are however all made by the same vendor, so
matching the vendor code to a class seems like the easy way out.

Thanks in advance,
Adam