Deny DHCP Address by MAC?

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Sat Jul 17 11:24:36 UTC 2010

The other way is to use a host statement, eg:

host "black1" {
     hardware ethernet 00:12:ba:1d:c1:b7;
     ignore booting;
}

I thought the difference between ignore and deny booting was that deny
booting logs a message each time the client requests an address. If the
client requests frequently this could fill your log file pretty quickly.

Note that the user can still manually configure an Ip address, so this
is not a perfect solution.

regards,
-glenn