matching class to pool

Adam Moffett adamlists at plexicomm.net
Tue Jul 6 14:12:54 UTC 2010

> This is a common typo.
>
> "text here" is parsed as an NVT-ASCII, printable string.
>
> a:0:3e:d4:60:73 is parsed as a binary data string.

That makes perfect sense.  Thanks.

The next thing is what if someone's wireless station is bridged to a LAN
(whether maliciously or accidentally) and their LAN uses up my entire
DHCP pool.  Since I also get a unique option 82 remote-id for each
wireless station, it seems like a spawning class with a lease limit
should prevent that problem.  So in this example:

     class "OfficeAP" {
       match if option agent.circuit-id=a:0:3e:d4:60:73;
       spawn with option agent.remote-id;
       lease limit 1;
     }

Would this limit the entire OfficeAP class to 1 lease, or would each
spawned class get 1 lease?