How to configure dhcp to listen to a specific interface instead of 0.0.0.0?

Mark Robinson dhcp-users at zl2tod.net
Tue Jul 6 07:29:45 UTC 2010

On 06/07/10 18:58, Glenn Satchell wrote:
> Even though netstat shows dhcpd has a socket open that is listening, but
> it only processes dhcp requests on the named interface.

I've found that version 3.0.4-13+etch2 (debian) listens and steals traffic not
intended for it on interfaces which it is configured to not use.

The system runs smokeping, largely on an external interface, and dhcpd on an
internal one. When dhcpd is processing a request it steals some of the
smokeping replies on the external interface.

I'm in the process of building a new system to replace the existing one and
will test a more up to date version of dhcpd for this behaviour soon and
endeavour to report back if it still exists.