Logging mac address

Ben Wiechman wiechman.lists at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 20:33:39 UTC 2010

> On 01/08/2010 03:07 PM, Ben Wiechman wrote:
> > I'm sure this is dead simple but I haven't been able to track down the
> > solution.
> >
> > Is the client's mac address accessible in any of the available
> options?
> >
> > I am trying to log the pertinent option 82 sub-options along with the
> > assigned IP and requesting client's mac address on one line.
>
> Isn't the requesting MAC address already in that packet? The option
> you're looking for is "hardware"
>
> class "ENTONE" {
>          match if substring(hardware, 1, 3) = 00:03:e6;
>          deny booting;
> }

See, I knew that was too easy... lol ugh.

It is in the packet, I just want to log it all on a single line similar to
how it is accomplished in the other response to fully correlate client mac
address/IP/and option 82 circuit and remote ID which in our environment
would refer to the wireless AP and subscriber radio.

Thanks gents.

Ben