on commit bug? isc-dhcpd-V3.1.1

Maurice Massar massar at unix-ag.uni-kl.de
Thu Feb 11 17:09:25 UTC 2010

hi,

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 04:15:54PM +0100, olle at cisko.se wrote:
> But now I have activated ddns-updates on a subnet and this works
> fine. Problem is that the 'on commit' for this subnet has stopped working
> which means I dont get mysql statements written to syslog. Is this a
> know bug/feature?
> Like when you enable ddns-update the "on commit" is forgotten?

ddns-update needs these hooks on its own,
see dhcpd.conf(5) under "REFERENCE: EVENTS":
===
The built-in version of the DNS update mechanism is in a text string
towards the top of server/dhcpd.c. If you want to use events for things
other than DNS updates, and you also want DNS updates, you will have to
start out by copying this code into your dhcpd.conf file and modifying it.
===

cu
Maurice