No Free Addresses?

W.J.M. Nelis Wim.Nelis at nlr.nl
Tue Dec 14 09:28:45 UTC 2010

Bob Proulx wrote:
> My Question: How can I tell why the dhcpd daemon ran out of free
> addresses?  Is there a tool that I can use to scan the dhcpd.leases
> file and have it report the status of each IP?  There are a lot of
> addresses and tracing the file manually is quite tedious.

If you are using Xymon, a (Perl) script developed here might be of use.
It reports the number of active, free and backup leases in each pool to
Xymon. The latter may send an alert if the number of free leases is low
or zero. The collected statistics are shown in graphs, one per pool. If
you are interested, lease send me an e-mail.

Regards,
   Wim Nelis.