No Free Addresses?

Niall O'Reilly Niall.oReilly at ucd.ie
Tue Dec 14 09:08:02 UTC 2010

On 14/12/10 01:57, Tim Gavin wrote:
> Does anyone know of a way to integrate DHCP pool statistics into a
> network monitoring suite like Cacti or Opennms?

	I use MRTG rather than either of those.

	All that's involved is
	- parsing the leases file
	- counting active leases by pool or subnet
	- caching the results
	- providing the numbers in the format
	  required by your monitoring suite of choice

	There's been traffic on this list in the last month or two
	about how best to parse the leases file.  You'll find it
	in the archives:
https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/dhcp-users/2010-November/012188.html

	Caching is optional, but saves scanning the entire file
	over again for each pool or subnet.

	Here's are examples of how we display the results:
http://mrtg.ucd.ie/mrtg/ucd/dhcp-subnets/
http://mrtg.ucd.ie/mrtg/bf/lib-pod/views/?view=dhcp-subnets

	IHTH
	Niall O'Reilly