exceedingly long time in assigning ip addresses

Chris Buxton chris.p.buxton at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 17:36:24 UTC 2010

Since both DHCP servers are on the same LAN, could it be that the other server has "authoritative" set? If so, is it possible to set that server as "not authoritative"?

The difference is whether the other server sends NAK responses to requests. It could be that for the clients in question, the other server's NAK is beating your server's ACK.

Chris Buxton
BlueCat Networks