Some DHCids not created

Nicolas Ecarnot nicolas at ecarnot.net
Thu Dec 9 15:22:16 UTC 2010

Hi,

Our DHCP servers set up in DDNS mode for ~1000 windows XP and ~300 other
hosts are updating Windows 2003 servers DNS and it's working well.
The DHCID are created, and when the DHCID doesn't exist and the A record
does, I get the usual error message in the logs (not mine...)

Deleting the A record, forcing a release/renew leads to a correct
creation of the A record, the DHCID TXT record and the reverse.
That's nice!

But, for 5 ou 10 hosts, I see that the A record and the reverse get
created but not the DHCID.
That leads to the situation of the next DHCPREQUEST, where the DHCP
server checks the presence of the DHCid, does not find it and complains.

I the logs, I don't see a single word about the non-creation of the
DHCID, and no one seem to had a similar issue on this mailing list...

Any clue?

--
Nicolas Ecarnot