Issues with next-server & filename

Chris Marget chris at marget.com
Wed Dec 1 01:29:59 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 4:21 PM, Matt Simmons <standalone.sysadmin at gmail.com
> wrote:

After capturing the packet stream, I have determined that the only
> difference in the DHCP OFFER packet is that the working machine
> specifies the "Next server IP address" and "Boot file name", while the
> broken one does not.

I'm experiencing weirdness along these lines as well.  In my case, all of
the expected options are passed correctly If I remove the host declaration,
allowing the host to land on a random IP address.

Do you see any difference by commenting out the host declaration?