Interference between multiple DHCP instances on the same server

Abu Abdulla alhanbali montaqa at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 06:00:09 UTC 2010

yes the two IPs are in the same vlan (two different phyiscal
interfaces). actually i need this because the firewall port is open
for only one ip. i will try to look at the OS level if i can bind the
dhcp process with specific IP.

i noticed something (i don't know if it is related to a miss
configuration in my setup or not); i have the same pool configured in
the two instances but with different options, the request came to one
instance but the response came from the other dhcp instance through
the other IP (default IP). i removed the pool from the other instance
and it starts working giving the correct options. i really don't know
what happened at that time since i was trying many things at the same
time. in addition one instance is using a compiled version with
USE_SOCKETS support and the other one is not. i was monitoring the
traffic using the firewall/snoop and the test STB box in the test
site.