Different DNS server for each class of device

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Apr 2 18:35:22 UTC 2010

red1 red wrote:

>I would like to configure my DHCP server to serve different DNS IP
>depend on mac address of the client device (dns server for each
>client device vendor)

Probably the simplest method is define a class to match each type of
client, and specify the DNS servers in there. Along these lines -
check the man pages for correct syntax :

option domain-name-servers s.t.u.v, w.x.y.z ;
class "vendor1" {
   match if substring(hardware,1,3)=aa:bb:cc ;
   option domain-name-servers a.b.c.d, e.f.g.h ;
}

--
Simon Hobson