DHCP client moving between networks

Tim Gavin livewire98801 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 22:44:19 UTC 2009

I'm keeping the 172 network on the vlan it was originally on.  I'm
essentially moving large numbers of hosts to another interface on the
router, and therefore the DHCP server.

Everything works after I let the leases expire on the new interface,
as when they sent the DHCPDISCOVER, they hit the new interface.  It
was only when the server got the DHCPREQUEST for the old address that
they got 172s.