DHCP Problems

dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us
Mon Sep 28 22:24:48 UTC 2009

I assign fixed Ip addresses through dhcp.   Here is an example from
one of my subnet config files:

    host some-printer
         {
                 hardware ethernet       xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;
                 fixed-address           xx.xx.x.x;
                 option log-servers      xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;
         }

We do this for our printers and any other device I want to get the
same ip over and over again.  Will this not work?

ddh