DDNS with dhcpd -6

Eustace, Glen G.Eustace at massey.ac.nz
Thu Sep 17 20:41:39 UTC 2009

Unfortunately, I am trying to use ISC DHCPd not Wide-DHCP

> With that flag on the router set, Windows clients do their normal DDNS
> thing.

We do not allow clients to update the DNS, all DDNS must be done by the DHCP server.

> For *nix clients, I used the Wide-DHCPv6 which has a config option
> where
> you specify a script to run upon contacting the server.  From this
> script, I kick-off a DDNS update to the DNS server.

We have DDNS in the IPv4 world working just fine, it is only in the IPv6 setup that it isn't doing what I want, in fact it doesn't appear to be doing anything :-(

Glen.