dhcp migration issues

Ben Wiechman wiechman.lists at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 15:41:24 UTC 2009

Note you can get an idea if the device is in use w/o arping but it takes a
little more work if you know the appropriate router the traffic should flow
to by attempting to ping the device (which will likely fail) and then look
in the routers arp table. If the device is active on the network you should
get an arp entry for it there.

Ben