Ping check and timeout

David W. Hankins dhankins at isc.org
Fri Oct 30 21:42:45 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 12:27:24PM +0100, Thomas Marteau wrote:
> Thank you for the reply. Why CLTT is sometimes taken in account and
> sometimes not?

The CLTT on the lease is always applied.  Note it is on the lease,
the last time that lease saw a client, there is no "per client"
record.

> To be clear, I need to put a 60 second sleep between the release and
> the renew to have the wanted bahevior?

If the lease was released, the next message should not be a renewing
request; it would then be an init state discover, but otherwise yes.

--
David W. Hankins	BIND 10 needs more DHCP voices.
Software Engineer		There just aren't enough in our heads.