IP Address Fields in OMAPI

Bruce Hudson Bruce.Hudson at Dal.Ca
Wed Nov 25 16:42:44 UTC 2009

> partner-address = f0:2f:c5:09
> local-address = 90:2f:c5:09

    At least originally, OMAPI was very careful to use network byte order
for all of its protocol bits but not for the data components; the actual
DHCP data. Its been a while since I've looked at it in detail so I do not
know what if anything has been changed in this area.

    It is possible I suppose that the two peers above happen to have IP
addresses that are the same in the last three octets and differ in the
first but the reverse order seems far more likely.

    That make your address "9.197.47.96" and your peer "9.197.47.240".
Do you work for IBM?
--
Bruce A. Hudson				| Bruce.Hudson at Dal.CA
ITS, Networks and Systems		|