To add some filter rules in conf file

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Mon Nov 2 15:13:17 UTC 2009

Ashmath Khan wrote:
>>>It does match, i have tried this without multiple range
>>>statements. The match is for this rule, but when I use multiple
>>>range statements, it uses the third range statement from 3.
>>

>>So the client matches "rule1", gets a lease from a pool where
>>"rule1" is allowed. There's nothing wrong there.
>>
>>Unless I've missed something.
>
>yes, but that class has 3 range statements as you suggested to have
>multiple range statements. It picks the address from 3rd range
>statement. Why not first ? when first is available. So multiple
>range statements doesn't work correctly inside a pool declaration.

No, it works correctly, it's just not what you seem to expect. The
order in which addresses are leased is not defined - although there
is an implementation dependent (and undocumented) order.

As Bruce says, once the server has been running for a while, address
allocation will appear to be random, although it will actually be in
a documented order (least recently used first) as required by the
relevant RFCs..

--
Simon Hobson