failover - reserved address

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Mon May 18 13:20:47 UTC 2009

Pavel Mlãoch wrote:

>  I've problem with migrate our configuration
>from reserved ip address into failover
>configuration. Is possible to solve it?

If you stick with your host statements and
fixed-addresses then you don't need to do
anything - just define the same host statement on
both servers as you don't need failover for that.

If you want to do away with the host statements
and used reserved leases, then you need to create
a leas in the leases file and then manually mark
it as reserved. AFAIK, the only way to do that at
the moment is to manually edit the leases file,
which should only be done with the DHCP service
shut down.

PS - it's not clear from your config, but it
looked like you have host statements inside a
subnet declaration. This is strongly discouraged
as it can give some strange effects.

--
Simon Hobson