Isolate DHCP Leases

CARTWRIGHT, CORY C (ATTSNET) cc3283 at att.com
Mon Mar 30 02:30:30 UTC 2009

Hi Dave,

If I under stand you want to isolate the clients from each other?  If
this is correct, I don't believe you can do this via DHCP if the clients
are all on the same network / vlan.  I think the proper way to do this
is isolate each port on your switch in a different vlan and switching is
handled on the router / software side, similar to how wireless is
handled.  This however does not scale as well and requires managed
switches and trunking to your router.

I did find this q on Google
http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/469092836/m/956006696
831  basically says the same thing.