dissecting DHCP - Q4

Niall O'Reilly Niall.oReilly at ucd.ie
Tue Mar 24 08:58:11 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-03-23 at 22:14 -0400, jeff donovan wrote:
> well, I suspect if you have multiple dhcp servers, you would need to
> use some type of mac address authentication. or you'll have a ton of
> discards.

	This isn't necessarily a problem.

> i would try statically assigning your leases and use some type of ACL
> to deny access from clients you don't want speaking to this server.

	As I read the OP's question, he may be more interested in
	knowing which of possibly many DHCP servers has handled the
	current lease, than in controlling which one can receive the
	DISCOVER or REQUEST.

	Server log files can be useful.  It's not clear that the OP
	has access to these.

	Best regards,

	Niall O'Reilly
	University College Dublin IT Services