What does 'add "classname"' really do?

David Forrest drf at maplepark.com
Wed Mar 18 13:07:31 UTC 2009

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009, Dario Aguilar wrote:

> Hi, I have a doubt.. maybe it´s a stupid question but why you need to add
> "1:" before the mac address when it is defined as a subclass? Some similar
> thing happends to me with circuit-ID definition that I need to remove the
> first 2 octects to make it match well.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dario Aguilar.

Because you are matching the hardware..

ARM:
"The hardware operator returns a data string whose first element is the
type of the network interface indicated in packet being considered. and
whose subsequent elements are client's link-layer address."

The 1 shows it is an Ethernet interface.

Dave

--
David Forrest
St. Louis, Missouri