Source Tar Ball Installation

T MANIKANDAN-PKXR74 manikandan.t at motorola.com
Wed Mar 4 05:21:05 UTC 2009

Thanks for all your response.

Here is the Server Specification.

I tersted on different Hardware

1. Intel Pentium 4/1GB RAM
2. Dual Core DL320/ 1 GB RAM
3. 2 Way Quad Core SunBlade x6240 /4 GB RAM

With default settings I got around 26 Five way handshakes for Intel
Pentium 4, 42 for Dual core and 92 for Quad Core.
After Implementing the below changes In all the Above h/w  I got the
Performance 25X better.

1. Break the Larger Subnet into smaller Pools
2. Disable Ping Check
3. Write the Lease to RAM Disk
4. Disable /Var/log/messages for dhcpd

 around 600 for Intel